Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   p1345 cam shaft pission fault (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/p1345-cam-shaft-pission-fault-52151/)

Jason S Jackson July 30th, 2012 1:14 PM

p1345 cam shaft pission fault

i replaced the flywheel and every since my truck has run like crap
i got the code reading p1345 cam shaft passion fault. im not familiar with that what do i do

kevinkpk July 30th, 2012 1:36 PM

The power train control module cannot determine the crankshaft, and cam shaft relation position. Did this start after you replaced the flywheel, or is there something else? If it did, did you go back with same flywheel, tranny?

MDTAHOE July 30th, 2012 8:49 PM

You need to provide much more info. Year, Engine size, why did you replace the flywheel?

Allan In NE July 31st, 2012 4:34 AM

"IF" this is an automatic, the converter is out of balance with the flywheel, or the flywheel is wrong (external/internaly balanced).

If you're absolutely sure the flywheel is correct, reposition the converter one bolt hole at a time until it cleans up.

The computer is mistakenly inturpeting the 'out of balance' issue as an engine pulse.

Allan

Jason S Jackson August 1st, 2012 5:03 AM

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE (Post 222729)
You need to provide much more info. Year, Engine size, why did you replace the flywheel?

i replaced the flywheel because it broke in the center . where the flywheel bolts to the motor that stayed there . and where it bolts to the converter that stayed there it a 1996 chevy silverado 350 5.7 vortec

Jason S Jackson August 1st, 2012 5:05 AM

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/ima...ttons/edit.gif

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE (Post 222729)

i replaced the flywheel because it broke in the center . where the flywheel bolts to the motor that stayed there . and where it bolts to the converter that stayed there it a 1996 chevy silverado 350 5.7 vortec

Jason S Jackson August 1st, 2012 9:43 PM

96 chevy p13545

Originally Posted by kevinkpk (Post 222703)
The power train control module cannot determine the crankshaft, and cam shaft relation position. Did this start after you replaced the flywheel, or is there something else? If it did, did you go back with same flywheel, tranny?

yes it started right after . i changed the plugs the next day it ran good for ten min then when i would come to a stop it will die

i got it from the part store and i held it up to old one the best i could and seemed to match .

Jason S Jackson August 1st, 2012 9:49 PM

what do you means cleans up? do i need to pull the transmission out
or just take the bolts out of the transmission so i can spin the converter

Jason S Jackson August 1st, 2012 9:50 PM

96 chevy p13545

Originally Posted by kevinkpk (Post 222703)

yes it started right after . i changed the plugs the next day it ran good for ten min then when i would come to a stop it will die

i got the fly wheel from the part store and i held it up to old one the best i could and seemed to match .

MDTAHOE August 1st, 2012 10:43 PM

The flywheel has nothing to do with it. I have replaced dozens of GM flywheels for broken centers, and many dozen GM truck transmissions. If you bolted it all together it is in correctly.You do not have to worry about lining up the torque converter and flywheel any specific way. When you turned the engine over to bolt the torque converter to the flywheel, how did you turn the engine? If you turned it by the crank bolt is it possible you hit the sensor right below the pulley ( it is the crank sensor)? Most of the time this code is set when the distributor has been out or turned. It can be sent if the teeth on the distributor gear are worn heavy also. You need to get a scan tool that can read cam retard to see where it is at, the spec is 0 + or - 2. Without the scan tool you are dead in the water. Even if you start shot gunning parts at it you can not set the "timing". Basically the code is saying the correlation between the cam sensor and crank sensor is wrong. Use the search feature at the top of the page to get more info on p1345