Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

'01 1500 Cluster, Cruise, Xfer Case Issues

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2008, 4:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 1500 Cluster, Cruise, Xfer Case Issues

Bought an '01 1500 a couple of months ago and am now faced with a problem. It did it intermidently a few times and now it seems to be permanent. When driving, I would hear a small pop in the vicinity of the driver's side kickpanel (relay?) and then the following things would occur: no cruise control; no electronic transfer case control; cluster goes dead with the exception of speedo,tach and oil pressure; no blower motor or anything climate control related; and no tow/haul mode. The aforementioned controls (xfer, ac) are still backlit, but the amber indicator lights are not functioning. The odometer will usually work until the truck is actually started, then it becomes blank. A previous owner did have a remote start installed (which I don't have the remote for) so I don't know if that could have anything to do with it. I also installed a fairly modest stereo system ~450watts, but unhooking it seemed to have no effect. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

7mm-08