Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

’01 silverado engine surging

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2005, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ’01 silverado engine surging

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
I have a '01 silverado 2500hd 6.0 V8 with 110,000 miles. I have been haveing a problem with power lose. The check engine light came on and I took it in to check the code and it said that there was a miss fire in 3 of the cylinders but it did'nt say exactly what the problem was. I changed the plugs on it and I still have the same problem.The symtoms are when I put the pedle to the floor I get surging in power like the engine wants to go faster, but once I let off it runs fine but it still doesn't seem to have all the power it should. The surging that it does isn't irregular either I could probably set my watch to it. Also when I floor it and the surging starts sometimes the check engine light will flash for about 30 seconds a then shut off. I did just have the fuel pump replaced, could there be any chance that its bad or could it be a O2 sensor, or maybe something else. If any one has any suggestions let me know. Thanks