Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

01 silverado stalling

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2014, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 silverado stalling

Hi Youall. Well here goes, I see a lot of people are having problems with stalling WHILE DRIVING!!! I hope i am saying and doing this rite. I have had problems with my 6.0 silverado stalling while driving, " VERY SCARY". the truck just shuts off, sometimes the messages say low oil, low fuel and security light goes off, sometimes it starts up but only runs for a minute, takes about ten minutes before it will start and run. Acts like its out of gas or no spark. Most of the time throws no codes Well after thousands of $ and still stalling, my mechanic told me to start doing your homework and read up on all problems, so I did. After a New fuel pump, filter, major tune up, sensors, cleaning grounds, cleaned throttlebody, new sensors in throttlebody . Ok so the biggest thing I overlooked was the key assembly. So too many keys and 14 years wear, SLOPPY as hell if you touch the key it shut off the truck, ten minutes later it starts, the ten minutes is some sort of security thing and if it does not think its the rite key it shuts down the truck and wont start for about ten minutes. AND this time I waited and took several attemps to drive home along with lots of patients," Lucky I live in the country" it ran for five minutes then shut off, so on, so forth. So it finally thew a code for the crank shaft postion sensor on the way home, Now thats the secound thing that should have been replaced, before the fuel pump and such. I am NOT a mechanic, But with some guidence I have handled everything. The key lock assembly was easy, so if you are having any issues with your keys not working CHANGE it out. I know who would think for $50 or 60 new keys and tumbler lock assembly that would fix the problem. just think of how many years of wear and tear on the keys and ignition on off and jiggiling around and its a NO BRAINER.
I hope I said this rite and I hope this helps somebody else. Thanks to everybody and there 2 SENSE on here, You all are great!!!
Old November 20th, 2014, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long winded

Yes I know Long winded. It helps to have a code scanner, Electrical tester, volt meter, helper, 2nd veicle, access to U tube," its all on there in color and Detail" AND Lots of Patients to chase the ghost around your truck. If I can do it any body can.