Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

03 1500 4.3 start up trouble.

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2015, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 1500 4.3 start up trouble.

Hey yall, im new here but i have a 1500 4.3 base model silverado with 200k+ miles.
A week or so ago i noticed it starting to start up rough. When it starts its like its shaking and it acts like its about to die and when i go to press on the gas it takes a couple seconds to go. So i have to park, shut off, try again. And its at the point now where it takes me four or five tries. It doesnt do it everytime but every once in a while it will.
In the past there was a cylinder three misfire but it self corrected before i could do a tune up and when this started happening it threw the same cylinder three misfire code again.
So far ive changed plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and ignition coil. And for two days it was fine and now on the way back to work it did it again. Im running out of ideas and solutions. Please any help will do!😩

P.s. im pretty mechanically inclined and i work at oreillys so parts are of no issue to get or pay. Just let me know what to do.