Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

03 Silverado dash lights go out intermitently

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2011, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 03 Silverado dash lights go out intermitently

My 03 Silverado has recently over the past 3 months developed a problem with the dash lights. I live in Alaska and this problem started to happen when it began to get cold and the heater has been on while driving. When cold the lights and gauges come on like they are suppose too. I drive around making stops and if the truck is warm and I turn it off complete my errand and start the truck the dash lights and gauges will not come on. I still have radio, headlights, heater and heater fan all work. What do I need to look for and where do I look to resolve this problem. Alaska right now is dark most of the time so it is neccesary to have dash lights and gauges working, I do not want a ticket for speeding bucause my dash lights and gauges are not working. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old January 9th, 2011, 1:53 PM
CF Junior Member

check the fuse and see if its loose. could be a ground or something. I know there is a cluster under the truck near a body mount on the drivers side. i'm no expert just some thoughts that popped in my head. I have an 04 silverado but had my whole cluster replaced from the service bulletin.
Old June 30th, 2011, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 Chevy Silverado Cluster

I live in Northern Minnesota and had the same thing happen. I tried starting and stopping it because the speedo would go down about 5 mph each time. drove around for about a year with a garmin as my speedo. know a buddy who went to gmgaugerepair.com. got it back in 3 days for $110. did the whole cluster