Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

04 z71 tuner, programmer, or chip?

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2011, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 z71 tuner, programmer, or chip?

I need to get some low end torque.. My chevy has a bad o2 sensor and idk if that's causing my problem but its terrible how bad it bogs on the low end.. No torque. Doesn't even ATTEMPT to spin the tires.. Im fixing the o2 sensor today and hopefully that helps a bit. But I been reading about torque management and blah blah what's the best route a programmer chip or tuner.. Please respond with your input on the low torque if you have any or about chips and stuff.. Prices and brands please
Old June 9th, 2011, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Ok update... Dirt road.. Kinda soft. stab it to the floor from a dead stop and it still didn't spin.. Truck reached about 3500 and starting lighting them up!.. Why is it so dead!
Old June 10th, 2011, 9:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you replace the o2 sensor? and are you running bigger tires? or stock tires? if they're bigger that'll hurt low end big time. the only good way to get low end torque back is gears and a tune, not a programmer but a custom tune
Old June 10th, 2011, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

I'm running stock tires and rims from a 2009 avalanche.. 20 inch rims.. tires are 275-55-20.. not big.. how do I get a custom tune
Old June 10th, 2011, 7:16 PM
Super Moderator

so everything is stock? go to blackbearperformance.com or gowheatley.com. tell them what you want it to do and they'll recommend a few things for you and they'll tell you how they can do it...but before you do get te tune do you want to do any other mods to it? intake, headers, exhaust? also do you know if it's the 4 speed or the 6 speed transmission?
Old June 10th, 2011, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

I appreciatw the replies man.. Yes its all stock im about to put a volant cai on it.. Thinking of desxreening my MAF sensor bc it can't make that much of a difference and 400 for one is crazy.. And its a 4 speed they didn't make the 6 speed optional until 2009 I believe
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

the intake will help...don't DES teen your maf...it outflows your motor up to like 500 HP so your good there. I'd suggest the intake, longtube headers, and an exhaust...put a vette servo in it to for shiftin
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

the intake will help...don't DES teen your maf...it outflows your motor up to like 500 HP so your good there. I'd suggest the intake, longtube headers, and an exhaust...put a vette servo in it to for shiftin purposes

some can chirp second with the servo and tune
Old June 11th, 2011, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

Whete would I find that servo and is it a bolt on type mod?.. I thought you could adjust shift points with sone of t these tunes? So what exactly does a vette servo do? ... One of my buddies has a tundra and ots stupid fast.. He could outrun my chevy pullin.a trailer.. Im trying to stop that noise
Old June 11th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

lol the new tundra? yeah they're fast. if you have a 2wd you can do these things to out run it I'd think.

yes the servo is a bolt in type mod...if you can change your oil you can do the servo, took me 30 min with a break. and yes you can adjust shift points with a tune but the servo makes your shifts faster and firmer with more power in 2nd gear

Quick Reply: 04 z71 tuner, programmer, or chip?