Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

05 silverado 1500 acceleration issues

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2014, 10:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 silverado 1500 acceleration issues

i have a 2005 silverado 1500. i had my transmission rebuilt last year and since then seem to be having some acceleration issues with the truck. ive heard alot of reasons as why the truck could be having issues but nothing really pinpointed anything for me yet. when you stomp on the gas pedal the truck just seems like its bogging out and accelerates extremely slow then finally picks up. if you accelerate normal things seem to be ok. not really sure what it could be but its not the transmission. any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Old June 30th, 2014, 12:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Does it feel like an issue with the engine itself, or something with the torque converter/transmission?
Old June 30th, 2014, 1:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by mshaw130
i have a 2005 silverado 1500. i had my transmission rebuilt last year and since then seem to be having some acceleration issues with the truck. ive heard alot of reasons as why the truck could be having issues but nothing really pinpointed anything for me yet. when you stomp on the gas pedal the truck just seems like its bogging out and accelerates extremely slow then finally picks up. if you accelerate normal things seem to be ok. not really sure what it could be but its not the transmission. any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
common items are;
hammerfist your cats and see if anything is loose in there. If it rattles, its causing an exhaust restriction.
checking fuel trims during acceleration would rule out a fuel metering/supply problem.
Old June 30th, 2014, 10:26 PM
CF Junior Member

well considering the transmission is brand new and has been rebuilt twice in the past year with 2 new torque converters i do not think it is that. i honestly have no clue as to what it could be or even what to start with.
Old July 8th, 2014, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default Almost Same Problem!!

I have the same problem! I have an 01 Silverado 1500 4X4 5.3L and I went out to Ohio last weekend to pick up a horse (it was 5 1/2 hours away both ways) my truck never had a hauling problem and suddenly it stared to shirt hard and rev real bad so I checked the fluid color and level and it was fine. Then the next day i went to drive it it bogged down when i tried to accelerate. Didnt shift hard or over rev just felt like i had no power.So and a couple of my friends suggested that I change my filter cause some shavings could have gotten in my pan. So I did so and it worked great at first. Then it did it again and quite but there is obviously something wrong so I don't want to keep using it and possibly making a problem a disaster. What could it be?