Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

07 NBS QUIRKS

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2008, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 NBS QUIRKS

JUST SOME LITTLE THINGS THAT I HAVE NOTICED AND WANT TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS.

1 WHEN I RUN THE HEATER ON MY TRUCK AND IT IS NOT IN AUTO MODE. I CAN SET THE TEMP FOR 85 AND IT BLOWS HOT BUT SEEMS LIKE AFTER THE TRUCK GETS WARM IT BLOWS COOLER AIR WITH THE TEMP STILL SET AT 85. I AM ASSUMING THAT I AM TELLING THE TRUCK THAT I WANT IT TO BLOW 85 DEGREE AIR ALL THE TIME BY SELECTING 85 OR 73 ETC.... OR WILL IT CUT THE TEMP BACK WHEN IT HAS WARMED UP THE INSIDE OF THE TRUCK.

2. THE BRAKE LIGHTS ARE NOT ON WHEN I PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL ALL THE TIME. IF I COME TO A SLOW COMPLETE STOP AND NEVER HAVE TO INCREASE OR DECREASE BRAKE PRESSURE THE TRUCK WILL CUT THE BRAKE LIGHTS OFF A LITTLE BEFORE I STOP. BUT IF I BARLEY PUSH THEM IN SOME MORE THEY WILL CUT BACK ON.

3. THE SEAT CLOTH IS TERRIBLE FOR DUST.
Old January 8th, 2008, 9:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 NBS QUIRKS

i am not too sure on the beautiful 07's but for the first thing that i think is common sense is that when you depress the brake pedal your lights are supposed to be on no matter what. im not making fun of you but that is a huge concern both safety and i wonder how many other vehicles are like that. i mean if the brake pedal is depressed, then theres pressure for the brakes. so i dont understand on teh design point why they would even make it so the lites cut off. i know its a little off topic and sorry but i gotta admit, after rear-ending a '92 deville because a dork in front of him stopped for no reason and it was chain collision, it raises questions about the brakes... i hope you find out whats wrong. and i wish i could help with the heater temperature but i dont know too much on the newer systems yet.
however now that i think on it, it would be less efficient for an ac/heat system to heat the vehicle then blow different temp air after reaching its target. it only causes the cabin to cool off or warm up and then the ac or heat kicks in again... thats just my thoughts.
the seats issue is weird... i also have cloth seats and i didnt notce anything odd about dust and im allergic to a lot of dust or i get an asthma attack (blows). when you say its bad for dust, you mean the cloth is less tightly woven so it retains and releases more dust?
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is normally a little bit of play in the stop lamp switch however if it is excessive then it may need to be replaced.

When not in the Auto mode, the HVAC controller works like a manual controller (with 60 degrees being full cold and 90 being full hot) with the exception that it samples coolant temps and if a higher heat setting is selected the system will go to full hot until the coolant reaches normal operating temperature then it is backed off accordingly (where as a setting of 85 degrees will back the full hot temp off about 16.5%) so your unit is working correctly.

The cloth is a bit of a lint and dust collector, I keep a lint brush in the gin-bin and give the seats regular brush downs.
Old January 9th, 2008, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEAH THE BRAKE LIGHT DEAL IS ALMOST LIKE IT SENSES WHEN THE TRUCK IS SLOWING DOWN AND SHOWS BRAKE LIGHTS - KINDA LIKE A TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER WORKS WHEN IT AUTO INCREASE BRAKE PRESSURE WHEN YOU STOP HARDER. THE HEAT DEAL IS WEIRD. IT DOES IT AT 85 OR 80 IF IT STARTS TO COOL OFF AND YOU BUMP IT UP JUST ONE DEGREE IT HEATS BACK UP AND IT'S NOT TO THE HOTTEST SETTING IT WILL GO. I MIGHT HAVE THE CHEVY GUYS LOOK IT OVER
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:28 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the dealer make sure that your HVAC system has the latest software updates.