Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

'07 Silverado Purchase ?'s

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2007, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '07 Silverado Purchase ?'s

I too had a toyota tacoma double cab and stepped up to the 2lt Z71 crew 5.3ltr. Rides like a dream, has enough ponies to pull my 20' boat and I could not be more happy.

One of the best things I did when shoping was purchased a "consumer report" bottom line pricing (about $14). It shows you actual cost vs. what profit is reasonable. It takes the cat and mouse game out of the negotiations. Totally gave me the upper hand in the negotiations and I am really happy with my purchase.
Old December 5th, 2007, 8:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be sure to post some pics when you get it

ORIGINAL: jimbau

I appreciate the replies. I have decided on an LT1 with most of the bells and whistles.(leather, remote start, dvd, steering wheel controls, etc.)

I understand about dealers using tricks and couldn't agree more. This dealer happens to be a great friend of mine and is getting me a deal that others couldn't or more importantly wouldn't touch. Low interest rate, total price, and shorter terms than where I am. A little more money a month but a lot more truck than what I have now('06 Tacoma Double Cab TRD which I love, just need a little more truck for the boat and hey let's face it, it's fun too.)

Again guys thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it turns out. Can't Wait.

James
Old December 5th, 2007, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks guys for all of the great advice. I am actually going tomorrow to pick out the leather and all the details. I think I am going to go ahead and get them to put the front end leveling kit on while they have it and depending on what my buddy can do for me, a Rhino spray in Liner and the Headrest DVD players. I will defiantely post some pictures when I get it and again thanks for all the great suggestions.

James
Old December 5th, 2007, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

jimbau- what did your buddy say about that leveling kit? I assume your getting the dealership to install. Let me know what they charged and how it works out.

thanks, Kmatassa
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Welcome, I also have an LTZ but I like the leather buckets. Perhaps you could look into the 3.73 gearing. I restore cars and pull a 18 ft steel trailer and mine does very well. I am about to ad an air box and an aftermarket exhaust for the added HP.
Old December 9th, 2007, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Kmat-Yeah the dealer is installing the leveling kit for me. It's going to run right around $200. I will definately let you know how it worked out.

Fireguy-I am going with the 3.73 gearing and the HD towing package. This should be more than enough for our boat. I pick the truck up this coming weekend so I am really excited about it. I will try to get some pitures up and let everyone know how it is working out.

Thanks again for all of the great replies.

James