Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

07 silverado will not crank

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2014, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 07 silverado will not crank

My dad has a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 2wd and the truck worked fine until one day he went to hook the trailer up and found that the truck will not crank. The key Fob does not work and the door lock buttons do not work. The radio comes on and when the key is switched on it takes about 10 seconds for dash to respond. We have replaced the battery and checked all the fuses under hood and on drivers' side of dash. The headlights can be turned on but daytime running lights do not come on. Any suggestions on this issue would be of help.
Old June 24th, 2014, 8:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi malique93,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties your dad has been experiencing with his Silverado. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be glad to look further into your dad's concern. Please send us a private message referencing this thread is we can be of any further assistance. We will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

malique93 Welcome to the forum...
Check the mega fuse on the firewall near the battery
Also check the negative cable for any corrosion, check the ground strap to engine and the body... check resistance between the negative battery post and parts of the engine block and points on the engine bay... resistance should be low, if its high the negative cable could be bad or poorly connected, same for ground strap..
With a DVM check the voltage at one of the accessory studs in the under hood fuse box, the voltage reading should be the same of very near the same as what is read at the battery...
Use the alternator mount as a ground point...
It sounds to me you have a poor connection somewhere...