Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

08 Silverado Dead need some help

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2011, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Silverado Dead need some help

My 08 silverado has V6 4.3L with 60k on it won't start. Its completly dead. Check the battery its fine all connections are tight and clean. Turn the key and nothing no lights, radio just blacked out no power whats so ever. This happned a couple days ago also. Then all of a sudden the power came on when we turned the key to push it in the shop.
Any ideas on the problem.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Old February 20th, 2011, 3:36 AM
CF Beginner

I have 08 Chev silverado/4.8L engine. When sitting with switch off it will loose all electrical power and the battery remains full charg. This can happen 2 or 3 times a day or might go 3 weeks between malfunction. It can come back by its self and the way you know it was off is the clock will be way off because it resets back to 12:00. When it happens when I stop the truck and get back in and is all dead I can remove the pos batery cable and strike the + Post till I hear click in back of engine compartment and then everything is normal. Somebody out there can tell me what my problem is I hope.Thank You. Howard oore

Last edited by Howard oore; February 20th, 2011 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Not enough information in original P
Old March 2nd, 2011, 3:07 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

To be honest I think both of you would be good candidates to see your dealerships. They would be able to diagnose the vehicle for you to see what is going wrong with your vehicle and at that point you would have a starting point to fix it yourselves or you could have the work done under your 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, under normal circumstances. I hope that helps you both.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 2nd, 2011, 8:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Sounds like another problem built in by GM. Hopefully you can find a dealership smart enough to fix it...
Old March 3rd, 2011, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default 08 silverado blanks out

Thanks for the good replys. I will take your suggestions. It will be about three weeks as there is no dealer for about 100 miles. My best guess right now is the BODY CONTROL MODUEL. I dont know if it is coverd in the 100000 mile warrenty. I will post when i get this taken care of. I am 1200 miles from home st this time.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 9:22 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

For the 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty this is what it covered and excluded:

Engine Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line). Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e.: Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module, module programming, cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, fans, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are engine oil cooling hoses and radiators.

Transmission/Transaxle Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, case, torque converter, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transmission/transaxle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transmission (Slave cylinder, etc.) as well as any Transmission Control Module and/or module programming.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors.

The Transfer Case Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, case, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transfer case. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transfer case (Slave cylinder, etc.) as well as encoder motor, transfer case control modules and/or module programming.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transfer case cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors.

The Drive Systems Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, final drive housings, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts, universal joints, wheel bearings, front and rear hub bearings, locking hubs, mounts, supports, seals, gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the drive axle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the drive axle (i.e.: front differential actuator, etc.) as well as any transmission control module and/or module programming.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are drive system cooling, lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors related to drive systems.

I hope this information helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service