Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

08 Silverado LS

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Silverado LS

Umm i was wondering if anyone else out there had an 08 silverado short bed single cab ls. Because i have power windows and power locks. but i didn't get the factory keyless remotes or anything. and the guy who sold me my truck said he knew how to program the remotes and he went and got two of them and tried and couldnt do it. I didnt actually think he knew what he was doing but he was a friend of the familys and he worked out at general motors with my dad. But i was wondering if anyone knew what i needed or i should do. He said something about some like transducer or something that i needed so he could program the remotes i was wondering if he was correct or if i just needed someone else to try to program them.
Old July 5th, 2008, 5:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 08 Silverado LS

I would get one of the Service Techs that actually know what is going on to do it, I had to get my truck reprogramed a few times after I had remote start installed and they had to reprogram my remotes also. They didn't charge me any extra to do it so I would ask one of them, not a sales person.
Old July 5th, 2008, 7:47 PM
CF Active Member

The truck might not have a door lock/unlock (key fob) reciever. If it does scroll thru you DIC (driver information center) above the light switch. If it does not scroll thru the odometer button on the cluster, if the vehicle has a receiver it will eventually come up as program key fob by pressing the button a couple of times.
Chances are your vehicle does not have a key fob reciever, but it does have a reciever for the tire pressure monitors.
Old July 6th, 2008, 4:36 PM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

All of the NBS are wired the same.
for KEY fobs and what not.
you can get the remote start even on the WT.

dealer only charged me 127.95 with install for my fobs for remote start
and programed my old onces as well so now i have 4 fobs
Old July 6th, 2008, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

That's fobulous!
Old July 7th, 2008, 9:17 PM
CF Active Member

Not all NBS are wired the same you have to check your build code in the glove box. Some trucks have the extended range reciever and some do not, Some have stabilitrac and some do not, also some have anti lock brakes and some do not. All these factors go into programing a NBS ro factory gm remote start. GM makes a good amount of power lock/power window packages that do not have a key fob reciever.
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

i meant more to the point that all the wiriring is pretty much there or the plugs for the wiring

like the DIC buttons on the left side of dash was not there on mine i bought the button and the wires were right behind the dash.

as with the trailer brakes option.

truck is pretty much all plug and play options.