Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

08 Silverado Refuses to TRY to start

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2015, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 08 Silverado Refuses to TRY to start

I have an 08 Silverado 4.8 V8. A couple of weeks ago I lost my key fob and had to unlock the car manually then start the engine for the alarm to turn off.
For a while, it worked fine, but now Im getting issues. At first I thought it was Passlock, but I don't get the security light, It did at first, but no longer. This morning I tried to start, and it did the usual in this circumstance, which is try to start, lights flash, air comes on, then everything shuts off...the car didn't start...I opened to the hood just to check the battery, and noticed considerable heat and smoke coming from the pos terminal. I turned everything off then...it was a remanufactured battery...I went and bought a new one..it needed to be replaced anyway.
The problem I'm running into even now, is that it wont start, or even attempt to turn over...after a few minutes, I can reenter the car, put my key to the acc setting and the stereo will pop on, but as soon as I try to start, everything shuts off...again, no security light...for a while the check engine light would come on and stay on for a few minutes even after taking the key out of the ignition...If I put my key in again, and try, of course nothing happens, but I can hear the cluster working...all the guages are flickering below zero...it does this intermittently for a minute or so...I put on my scanner..it is a crappy bluetooth one, but it showed no errors, and no security faults...Can you help?