Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

09 Silverado LS Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2011, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Silverado LS Keyless Entry

I just bought an 09 Silverado LS Reg Cab. I did not receive a fob and figured there was no keyless entry. But after a little research I believe i just need to buy a fob and program it. I would like to confirm that though. I have power locks and windows. Is there any way i can determine for sure that i have keyless entry? Thanks.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

edreaux,

If you provide me with your VIN, I can tell you if you have key-less entry as an option on your vehicle.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Elizabeth, here is the vin: 1GCEC14X69Z256095

I will also add, just in case it helps, after some research I have learned that I have RPO codes AU3 & 5B5 which appear to apply to keyless.

Thanks.
Old August 4th, 2011, 2:19 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

edreaux,

I show that your vehicle does indeed have key-less entry.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 11th, 2011, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Well I bought a key fob and tried to program it to no avail. I guess my next step is to take it to the dealer and see if they can do something to the computer to enable the keyless. That's if i even have a receiver. Does anyone know where the keyless entry receiver is located on a 2009 Silverado?
Old August 11th, 2011, 7:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by edreaux
Well I bought a key fob and tried to program it to no avail. I guess my next step is to take it to the dealer and see if they can do something to the computer to enable the keyless. That's if i even have a receiver. Does anyone know where the keyless entry receiver is located on a 2009 Silverado?
you can't program it yourself unless you have a gm tech2 scan tool. The dealer can add a fob into the system or delete old fobs and program the new one. Do the second options so any original fobs they you no longer have will no longer work. You don't want someone out their with a working fob for your truck. Its a very easy and fast process which will be charged approx. 0.3 hour.

I know where it is on extended cabs...probably the same for reg cabs. the remote control door lock reciever is located behind the b pillar trim. open the left door, turn your head to the right and its under the trim panel where the left seatbelt, upper strap anchor is bolted to the cab wall.... 2" square box with 2 connectors to it.

Last edited by tech2; August 11th, 2011 at 8:03 PM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 4:51 AM
CF Junior Member

edreaux,

Some locksmith shops can do this also.
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
CF Active Member

While the "you can't program the fob" answer is right in your case, you can actually reprogram a fob if you have the original fob which gives you access to the reprogram.

I suggest you also get a manual, I find these new rigs so complicated that I have to reread the instructions to use all the functions on the heating and air conditioning system. And the radio, it's like TOO MUCH INFORMATION! So what if it has the ability to save pages of stations, who can do it and who can find them. If a person can do it I bet he drives over 20,000 miles a year!
Old August 31st, 2011, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Well I took it to the local dealer and this is what happened.
Friday: Gave them my VIN and they said they could do it for $45 but it would require about 20 mins and asked me to come back Monday.
Monday: (I left work 15mins early) They took the truck in the shop and after about 25 mins said they would need more time. Asked me to come back next day.
Tuesday: (I left work 1hr early) They said they were not able to do it. I asked to speak to the manager and they took the truck again into the shop and came back and said they could do it for $195.

So I guess I will just not have keyless. I hate dealing with dealerships.
Old September 1st, 2011, 8:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

Come on...they didn't just walk out and say "now it'll be $195" without an explanation. If there is something else wrong with your truck; why is it the shop's fault? This is not bad service.

Last edited by tech2; September 1st, 2011 at 9:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 09 Silverado LS Keyless Entry