Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1973 C10 mechanical oil gauge line

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2015, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1973 C10 mechanical oil gauge line

Hi,

I have a 1973 C10 pickup with 454. The dash has a mechanical oil gauge but I am missing part of the pressure line. From the port above the oil filter to the fitting on the firewall.
  • Is there a shop online where I can purchase a new pressure line?
  • or does someone know what the thread size should be on the fittings if I make my own?
  • or can I take an electric gauge from a newer pickup and put a regular oil pressure sensor to the block? My friend has a -82 parts car with 6.2d. Could I use oil pressure gauge from that?
Thanks
Old October 28th, 2015, 2:10 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing special about those lines. Can be replaced with a $5 Teflon (or whetever they are) line kit from any auto parts store. You can stay with metal lines as well. I use the Teflon and run them through a rubber fuel hose to protect them.
Old October 28th, 2015, 2:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by burnhedge
Nothing special about those lines. Can be replaced with a $5 Teflon (or whetever they are) line kit from any auto parts store.
Sounds good. Do you happen to have a part number, link or the thread size so I know what to ask? I know that if I ask the local parts store with just car make and model, they will have no idea
Old October 28th, 2015, 3:23 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nylon was the word I was looking for. Just Google "oil pressure line kit" and you'll see what your looking for. Even the big chain stores will have them hanging up with the aftermarket gauges.
Old October 28th, 2015, 3:48 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by burnhedge
Nylon was the word I was looking for. Just Google "oil pressure line kit" and you'll see what your looking for. Even the big chain stores will have them hanging up with the aftermarket gauges.
Thanks I'll try one of these.
Old November 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

I bought Dorman 7902 oil pressure gauge installation kit and it required some modifications. The included adapter fitted to the block but the fitting on the firewall required a male fitting and the kit only included two female fittings. So I took one of the adapter fittings in the kit and drilled it so that the tube fits through. The gauge is now working

Attached Thumbnails 1973 C10 mechanical oil gauge line-oilgauge_1.jpg   1973 C10 mechanical oil gauge line-oilgauge_2.jpg