Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1987 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2006, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Silverado

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post such a question-but here goes-I have a 1987 Silverado and I need to find out how to install my drivers side window. It's not a power window-so I am hoping it will be rather simple. I already have the window. Can anyone tell me how to do it or direct me to instructions on how to online? Any help will be greatly appreciated! I really miss driving my truck! LoL!
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:12 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: 1987 Silverado

ok first things first you need to take off the inside door panle to get the window crank off you can bend a butter knife about half way down the blade then you need to push out the c clip that holds the crank on after that its just a few screws. when you get that off there will be the frame for the window with two wide spots on that frame the rollers for the frame will fit out those spots. im asuming ther window was broken out so thats all you have to do to get the old out. to put the new in you need to take out the vent window witch is only two screws at the top of the door and a bolt at the botom. replace the window first just reversing the order above then put the vent window back in if you need anymore help just ask or if you need this clarifed any hope this helps.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you very much! That pretty much walked me right through it! shes in there now and I am thouroughly enjoyin getn to drive my truck again! I had changed a window once before-but it was in my 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ. (shes got the 455 in her) That was one big window to change-LoL! The Chevy was WAY easier! And to answer your question-yes-the old window was busted out. It had come loose from the track and when I shut my door it shattered. The window I got from the junkyard was still in the track so I didnt even have to glue it in! I saw in your signiture that you have a dirt track racer? I got to drive in one dirt track race by chance-LoL! My late husband and I went to a race that he knew one of the teams there-well-their driver got drunk before the race and I made the comment that I had a 76 Grand Prix-much like the Monte Carlo that they had and that I could handle it-(my mom used to drag race, so I was taught to drive in a hotrod)-and believe it or not I came in 2nd place! Anyway-that was my 15mins of fame-LoL! Ok-I have babbled enough here-LoL! Thanks again for your help! Now I just gota save up the money so I can get rid of my 305tbi and get some REAL horses under my hood! C-ya!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
CF Senior Member

very cool my buddy and i just painted it last night (bright orange and flat black) i am racing it on the 18th of june my buddy has a 90 jeta diesel that he is racing. sounds like you grew up into the car hobby. lucky for you i had to learn everything myself. glad iu could help you out.