Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1997 K1500 Keyless Remote

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2009, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 K1500 Keyless Remote

Sons truck for several years (used of course) and he said remote never worked even with new battery. Well it now is my truck (he got a newer 2500) and I am on a mission to get the remote working. Thanks to this site I found the correct programming instructions but the step that requires both buttons to be pressed did not yield any results. Took the remote apart and popped out the circuit board and found it have some gooy stuff on the back. Carefully cleaned it and tried it again and after depressing the buttons for well pass the recommended 15 seconds it worked! But it is very very very slow - must hold a button for several seconds before the locks function - and it has a new battery.

Considering this remote has not been used for at least 8 years I guess it is amazing it works at all but I want to get it working the way it should. Any ideas on what I should try next? Could it be something on the receiver end that needs attention and has nothing to do with the remote? Or will it get faster with more use?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike