Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1999 Chevy dually

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2019, 2:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Chevy dually

Wanting to turn this dually into a more beasty machine. Am considering lowering it a bit to level it out and it looks good. It has a 454 vortec engine with automatic transmission and I believe a 410 rear. Neighbor says I should put in a shift kit that will make it chirp in 2nd. Headers with flowmaster exhaust, etc.....Any ideas? Not wanting to spend a fortune but a few thousand is ok.
Old July 30th, 2019, 3:37 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by terry mise
Wanting to turn this dually into a more beasty machine. Am considering lowering it a bit to level it out and it looks good. It has a 454 vortec engine with automatic transmission and I believe a 410 rear. Neighbor says I should put in a shift kit that will make it chirp in 2nd. Headers with flowmaster exhaust, etc.....Any ideas? Not wanting to spend a fortune but a few thousand is ok.
Terry: I get you, but most of us here are semi, or professional mechanics/techs. Mostly we try to help those Chevrolet or GMC owners out of a morass of some sort.

Most of us don't get very involved in vehicle modifications. I did a **** load of that before the Internet was even a "thing". Yeah, I am not a young man anymore.

Were I you, I'd leave this alone (I know you won't, as I didn't either when I was young) and save up some $$$ for your retirement from this dog-eat-dog world, my friend.