Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 chevy silverado

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2010, 5:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 chevy silverado

i have a 2000 chevy silverado v6 2wd 2dr its all stock i think it has lost a little horse power so i changed the wires , cap , and rotor. it helped a little bit but i need more power any suggestions would be great... money is a small issue

ps. im new to this site so please informe me if something is wrong or any suggestions at all thank you
Old March 2nd, 2010, 5:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust and a intake will help a lil. A custom tune helps a lot. I just got a Blackbear tune for my truck... Its awesome. and its cheaper than most programmers, and does better.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

where can i get a blackbear tune ... and is it easy to install
Old March 2nd, 2010, 5:21 PM
CF Veteran

Go to www.blackbearperformance.com It took literally 3 mins to install. Took 45 min for the security relearn, but thats simple just a matter of turning the key on and off in a specific order. You may not have that problem.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by nauticstar87
Go to www.blackbearperformance.com It took literally 3 mins to install. Took 45 min for the security relearn, but thats simple just a matter of turning the key on and off in a specific order. You may not have that problem.
ok great how much horse power did it give you
Old March 2nd, 2010, 5:31 PM
CF Veteran

It's not so much the horses it gives, it lifts some of the factory restrictions. I already have LOTS of power with a 6.0, but after the Tune... It feels like a whole new truck. But I also have an Exhaust, and the Tune is set up for a Cold Air Intake, which I still don't have, its in the mail.
Old March 5th, 2010, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

is there a cheaper programer that i can get at like o rielys instead of trusting some internet person with my money cause i dont trust them sounds iffy
Old March 5th, 2010, 6:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tjdeason
is there a cheaper programer that i can get at like o rielys instead of trusting some internet person with my money cause i dont trust them sounds iffy
they have a fee for this and a fee for that and then they say you get the money back ... i just dont trust it ive been burned before but if i could get it at like o rielys that would be awsome
Old March 5th, 2010, 2:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi tjdeason,

Welcome to the Chevy Forum.

Black Bear is well known and trusted here at CF. Quite a few of the regulars here use them.

nauticastar87 is an aircraft mechanic in the U.S. Armed Forces. I doubt he'd steer you wrong, either.

I DNK how much extra power you can tweak from a six-banger, but a hand programmer will probably be somewhat of a disappointment, for the cost. If there's any extra power there, Justin at BB will find it.
Old March 6th, 2010, 2:29 PM
CF Veteran

I was talking to a guy last night with a 04 1500 5.3. he bought the hypertech programmer for his truck, the expensive one with the screen and everything. He gained a whopping 7hp. Cost him around, 600 I think for everything. He was a lil upset. I was telling him about my tune, then took him for a ride in the 2500, he was a lil more upset after that, especially cuz it only cost me 300. But Justin is a stand up guy, he uses PayPal. I've talked to a few guys that have a tune on there 4.3s, they say they feel a large difference, but can still tell its a 6er.

Quick Reply: 2000 chevy silverado