Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 Chevy Silverado

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2014, 11:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Chevy Silverado

Hi, I Just bought a 2000 Silverado 1500 4WD. And When I turn the key back to turn the radio on, nothing happens, Can someone explain to me what I need to look at?
Old August 8th, 2023, 10:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TSBs The motors were made in Mexico, ASSY with plastic head gasket. GM put in orange "recycled radiator fluid from Canada". It ate the plastic gasket ALL OWNERS had to put in a new head gasket (ALL). So if you have "radioator fluid consumption" that's bad. If you don't - maybe it's already been done. GM dodged a bullet, they were not recalled.

Grounds. Like all cars clean and tighten your grounds. Redo your brake lines if they haven't been done and are rusting they WILL go through and within (minutes to several minutes) leave you without brakes (i like copper alloy from canada for this). Don't touch the heater hoses when hot - the old plastic will snap and spray you (same with all cars that use plastic connectors which is all these days). Fuel pump - yes like all cars they are consumable. Instrument cluster: ignore sticking dials - not a problem to worry about. it'll come back.

technical service bulletins? don't know where to find them. i just fix what happens. other than head gasket i did myself and brake lines: nothing much, just usual car stuffs.