Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 silverado electrical issue, Help!

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2011, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 silverado electrical issue, Help!

I have a 2000 silverado, 4x4 5.3 214000 miles. Here is the problem, I was driving it when it made a clicking sound and all the 4x4 switch lights came on, the heater quit (fan) the fuel gauge stopped, the Battery light came on and the odometer/gear selector light went off. The truck started shifting wierd and it feels like I am pulling a load. I took it to a mechanic friend of mine and he has tried several things but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks
Old February 14th, 2011, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

i had similar issues that i think are related to the body control module ...to fix mine i disconnected the positive side of the batt for a few hrs...everything worked fine once i hooked it back, and i had some major issues,..im replacing that bcm still..you will prolly have a radio issue after that disconnect just so you are aware...
Old February 15th, 2011, 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by obby121
i had similar issues that i think are related to the body control module ...to fix mine i disconnected the positive side of the batt for a few hrs...everything worked fine once i hooked it back, and i had some major issues,..im replacing that bcm still..you will prolly have a radio issue after that disconnect just so you are aware...
Thanks, I will check into that. I have it at the dealer now, so I can suggest that to them. I hate all the electrical problems out of GM. This is my Fourth Chevy truck and every one of them has had electrical problems. I try to buy American made, but they need to make them last longer. Thanks for the reply.