Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2000 Silverado Exhaust Manifold Removal HELP!

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2006, 4:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Silverado Exhaust Manifold Removal HELP!

Hello. I'm new here and I hope some of you guys can give me some good advice. Well I have the 2000 5.3L aluminum block chevy. I recently purchased some shorty headers for it. Now...the job is to get the old manifolds off. First off, on the drivers side..there doesn't appear to be a bolt head in the hole closest to the firewall, but there is definately something flush with the manifold flange. So any advice to get that out, once i've removed the manifolds would be appreciated. So anyways..any advice for removing the bolts from the heads carefully and successfully, then any tips for gettin the broken bolt out? Thanks!
Oh, and yeah..this truck has almost 400, 000 KM. Yes, i'm in Canada.
Old October 11th, 2006, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Silverado Exhaust Manifold Removal HELP!

Pull the manifold out of the way and see if you can weld a nut onto the part of the bolt that is sticking out and turn it out. I'm speaking for exprerience on my own truck which had 6 bolts broke off 3 on each side. If they snap I hope your good with a drill 3 of mine were flush with the head. Drill them then use an easy out to remove them be careful DONOT BREAK THE EASY OUT OFF then your in for a world of fun. If your going to weld let it cool for a little bit before you try to take it off. Good luck.