Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2003 Silverado Heater core/waterpump/radiator

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2021, 1:51 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Silverado Heater core/waterpump/radiator

2003 Silverado WT 1500 V6 4x4 auto.

Trucks got tons of issues, Been losing coolant. for a bit, thought it was a drip from hose clamp. just been topping it off.

Found 1 of my 2 heater core hoses is bulging at clamps and fluid drips out of the 1 hose at both ends where it enters firewall and enters engine.

Upon start i can hear water gurgling behind glove box , truck runs warms up to normal temp and heater works. Does fog up a bit more tha
n usual lately.

Both heater core hoses are hot to touch. 1 leaking at clamps ..

Running temp is normal around 190-200 but coolant drips/spray from hose are getting on engine/manifold....initially though that was making belt squeaky Now im wondering if its my heater core alone or is my water pump going out too.

heatercore gurgling and heat working so can i limp that along fpor a bit and refocus on thermostat/waterpump?

My top radiator hose heats up but bottom radiator hose staying cool. However we are in a winter cold snap.

Truck not overheating, I go thru maybe 1 gallon of coolant a week or so and its a daily driver. lots of miles daily.

Ideas thoughts?

im told heater core is a 1300$ repair and that may be the end of truck for me since there is already a main seal leak, tranny issues, cat convertor exhaustt and suspension issues.....the truck is almost junk. ive been limping it along for some time .

Thanks for your thoughts.