Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2004 1500 Silverado DIC Don't Work

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2012, 12:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 1500 Silverado DIC Don't Work

Hi,
I'm brand new to the group, so please be gentle! I purchased a used 2004, 1500 Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3 engine and Z71 package about a month ago, with over 141,000 miles on her. So far, I have replaced the belts, plugs, brake pads and shocks and she runs great. However, the DIC doesn't work. I do have the controls on the bottom of the steering wheel, but they don't work, or light up when the lights are on. All the top steering wheel buttons work for the radio, ect. I removed the column shroud and checked for any chafing or pinching of wires. Nothing found. I even unplugged and re-plugged every connector including the harness. I've checked every single fuse under the hood, interior fuse box and even relays under the dash and fuses. Nothing wrong... I've been on the net for days searching for suggestions, only thing I have come up with so far is replacing the BCM, or rebooting the system by disconnecting the battery. Now, I can hit the trip button located in the cluster and get miles, hours correctly, but I would really like to have the DIC working so I can change oil reset, and all the other functions I should be able to adjust. Help?
Hotsaucebill