Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2005 Chevy Silverado Transmission Cooling Line Problem

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2014, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy Silverado Transmission Cooling Line Problem

I'm hoping somebody here can give me their opinion on this:

While driving down to Milwaukee from Neenah, WI, the Tach started jumping, engine started revving, and I lost all power from the transmission. After turning around and starting to make my way back to Neenah from just north of Fond Du Lac (a distance of about 40 miles), I had to pull over on the side of the highway. After sitting for about 5 minutes with the engine off, one of the lines running to the intercooler for the transmission fluid spit and began spraying fluid all over the place. The transmission fluid now covers from the end of the transmission housing under the truck and runs all the way up into the engine compartment. I had the truck serviced about 3 weeks ago because of a problem with the truck surging (the tach would jump) and the dealership replaced the valve body on the transmission. They also noted that there was some fine metal shavings found in the filter. I'll post pictures of the lines tomorrow after I get back from the dealership showing the damage to the cooling line.