Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2005 Silverado Instrument panel problems

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2014, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Silverado Instrument panel problems

I started the truck and the ABS, Battery, and seat belt lights stayed on. The four gauges on the right (Oil pressure, Temperature, Fuel, and voltage) do not work and read zero. The windows will not roll down and door locks do not work. Inside dome light does not work. Radio comes on for about three seconds and powers off. Turn signals and 4 way flasher works and so does the cruise control. The drivers side mirror works but the passenger side does not. It has a brand new battery and new alternator. I've checked every fuse under the hood and side control panel and all fuses appear to be good.

What is causing these problems? The vehicle is garage kept and the problems started happening immediately.
Old March 10th, 2014, 9:18 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow sounds like you having a bad day. The instrument clusters are known for going out in this generation of trucks, so that doesn't surprise me. If you have made absolute sure that no fuses are blow, I would start by pulling cluster and replacing. The windows and locks seem to me to be pointing at the switch in the driver door. Those are on one switch in your door I believe. If you have a multimeter I would check to make sure that you are getting power to everything before replacing those. I am not a certified mechanic, just backwoods mechanic, I am not saying this is the right way to go about this, this is just my thoughts and how I would go about it. If you have any questions, let us know