Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2006 drivers side window and lock control panel

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2011, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 drivers side window and lock control panel

Hi, My door lock/window/mirrow adjustment control panel has stopped working completely on the drivers side. Everything works on the passenger side. Just wondering if someone could point out which fuse I should check. I am not sure because it's just the drivers side door that is having problems. the locks on all three other doors work when I use the passenger side controls. If anyone has a clue I appreciate the help!

Thanks!!!
Old July 15th, 2011, 6:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Check the 15A Driver Door Module fuse in the I/P fuse block? If it's blown, you'll probably want to look for a short somewhere. If you can figure out exactly what action makes it blow, that'll narrow it down. For help with the door panel removal, go to Removing Car Truck SUV Door Panels: Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Jeep, Honda, Kia, Saab, Saturn, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen.
Old July 17th, 2011, 4:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I checked all the fuses and they are good. I got it to roll down after randomly trying the windows again and its working intermittently. It was stuck down for 2 hours before it randomly worked again long enough to get the window up. I thought it might be the motor on the drivers window but none of the windows are operable through the driver door controls but they all work on their own controls. I am about ready to take it in! Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help!
Old July 18th, 2011, 5:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's worse if the problem's intermittent. Hope you get a sharp guy work on yours.
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

chevy20006,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I was unable to find a reason to why this would be happening. Have you decided to visit your dealership about this?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service