Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2006 suspention

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2011, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 suspention

Hi, I have a 2006 c1500 silverado crew cab. problem is left front is 1 inch lower than the right side. no problems as far as ride or tire wear, it just drives me nuts everytime i see it sitting sitting on level ground and the truck has cockeyed stance. i took it back to the dealer and they agreed it was out of wack and they had some kind of bulletin that said some trucks have this problem. they replaced left coil spring, no diff. they did something to the right rear, no diff. so at that point they shrugged their shoulders. any of you guys know of anything i could do to get this truck the way it should be?? thanks all
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Have you had the truck since new? Get a car fax done. What does the wheel alignment say? Should have replaced both frt. springs at the same time. or does it have Torsion bars?
Old August 18th, 2011, 6:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by GM Fixer
Have you had the truck since new? Get a car fax done. What does the wheel alignment say? Should have replaced both frt. springs at the same time. or does it have Torsion bars?
Yup,bought it new but it took some time before i measured it [i thought i was seeing things for a long time] it was still under warranty when all this was done. the dealer finally said "dunno" let you know if we find or hear something.
Old August 18th, 2011, 8:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a common problem and a damned shame that GM hasn't done something about it.Google "chevy lean" and you should come up with something. I would try another dealer also.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by OLD WRENCH
This is a common problem and a damned shame that GM hasn't done something about it.Google "chevy lean" and you should come up with something. I would try another dealer also.
Thanks, went to chevy lean and got lots of info to look into. one i saw was taking the truck to a frame shop to see what's up...