Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Chevy Silverado Ltz/WIPERS ONLY WORK ON HIGH

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2016 | 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Chevy Silverado Ltz/WIPERS ONLY WORK ON HIGH

So I have pretty much read every forum and pages of internet problems on chevy trucks and their wipers.....and I have not found a repair to my specific problem

I have a 2007 chevy silverado LTZ that started giving me issues with the windshield wipers. At first it was like I did not switch the wipers on so when I shut them off and on, they would work.

Last winter, intermittent and low would not work, but high always did. Then in the spring they started working again. Then once this winter came back so did my problem.
I can only use wipers on high and thats it. If I put it on low or int, wipers will not work at all. And in high, I have to shut the wipers off in time so they are at the bottom of the windshield.

I can hear clicks when I move the control from off/on, on/int, int/low but the motor does not move. Then when I put it in hi, the motor will run.
I took the circuit board off the motor and put dc voltage to the 2 pins to the motor and it spins the motor on high and low.

Ive changed out the wiper motor assy and same thing, only works on high

Im assuming it must be a connection controlled by weather, but where?

If anybody has any ideas or has ever had this problem, please suggest something, cause I dont have any ideas left. It is currently in a mechanics shop and they are unsure as well...