Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 nbs aftermarket upgrades

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2008, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 nbs aftermarket upgrades

Hello, I have a 2007 Silverado NBS w/5.3. I have added several aftermarket power adders such as Volant air intake and exhaust, diablo sport tuner, and airaid TBS. I have seen great results. My question is does any know if an aftermarket Mass air flow sensor will make a big difference? I have heard that it will maximize my air intake kit and add more torque.
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 2007 nbs aftermarket upgrades

Welcome to the forum!!! Someone here may be able to help, just hang in there.
Old March 31st, 2008, 9:48 AM
CF Junior Member

I read a test on another website and this person stated that he replaced both the MASS and the TBS and he works at a speed shop with a wheel driven Dyno and stated that the improvement was minimal andnot worth the investment,[this person posts regularly on the site,is based up in the central part of the country and is reliable. It is a Camaro Site]. How do you like the Diablo Sport Tuner? I am thinking of adding some type of tuning to my NBS 07. I already have some of the same mods as you
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:10 AM
CF Active Member

I agree i changed my MAF out with a granatelli MAF tuned with a CAI and it was the worse $300 i wasted. no thorttle response, mpg increase, or hp increase. most people i have talked to or read about says they arent worth the money.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the feedback on the MAS. So far I have been really happy with all of my upgrades. The Diablo Predator Tuner was probably the best purchase of all. It added power all the way through the power band. Tech support was also very helpful with any question I had. I know not alot of people speak of Volant products but am really happy with my CAI aswell as my exhaust system. All the parts were well engineered and my truck sounds tuff without the drone.
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:17 PM
CF Junior Member

I`ve got a S&B Filters CAI and a Gibson exhaust. I`ve looked at the Waitforme tune and Wheatlys. Still trying to decide but the next mod for me will be a 2" drop and a grille insert. Good luck with your setup.