Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 New Style LTZ

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2008, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 New Style LTZ

I have couple questions. First, how reliable isthe engineoil life % indicator? More than 3000 miles between changes? Second question is for after market wheels and the offset. I read an earlier post about this subject and it was stated in that post that factory offset is 30mm with a +/-10mm. If the offset is greater than the factoy tollerances exactly what things are effected? Like the rotors, suspension, alignment and steering. Thanks for any responses.
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 New Style LTZ

As long as I can remember, I have always been told to change the oil every 3 month or 3,000 miles. The truth is, both engines and oil technology have come a long way since these recommendations. Today’s oil doesn’t break down as fast and you can go longer without oil changes. If you ask Jiffy Lube they will still tell you 3 month or 3,000 miles because they want coming in more often for oil changes no matter what type of oil you are using. I have a 2008 Silverado and the manual says to follow the “Change Engine Oil Soon” notification. The computer calculates when oil needs to be changed based on engine revolutions and temperature and not on mileage. Other than that the manual doesn’t give you a mileage or time recommendation other than to change the oil and filter once a year. This info is on page 5-20 of my manual.

Personally, I switch to Mobil 1 synthetic and change the oil about every 5K miles. I have done this with my last 3 vehicles.

As for using after market wheels, there are a few things to note. If your Silverado has the tire pressure sensors you will need to get those installed on the new wheels. Never done it so I don’t know how difficult it is. If the tire size if different, your speedometer will be slightly off. I noticed when I bought my truck, the dealer had a display of different rims and tires to add to the vehicle. The sign said the price included installation and programming so I’m assuming it is to account for the tire pressure sensors and speedometer / odometer.
Old March 16th, 2008, 7:08 PM
CF Junior Member

I agree with dmoore.

I had my oil changed earlier than what the indicator stated. I changed mine at 5,000, but according to the projection by on-star, it was set to change at 6,100 based upon my driving style as so forth. A bit too long for me as I have alway changed at 3,000 on my other vehicles.

I plan on switching to synthetic soon.
Old March 16th, 2008, 7:33 PM
Ride of the Month
June 2008

as far as tire sensors not a big deal at all
just have to be done before you mount the tire to wheel
i got new wheels for my HD and went on ebay and got a set of sensors for mine due to the fact i did not want to take apart my factory wheels to get mine out
but there was nothing to it the sensor is att. to the valve stem with a screw when i ordered the set of four sensors it was a package deal with valve stem and sensor shipped to my door for 88.86
new and ready to go and now working just fine
just had to reset them to my trucks DIC witch was noting at all to do its in your book on how to do it
Took me 10 min.