Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 silverado

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2010, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 silverado

Everything was fine with my truck and all of a sudden my service stabilitrak and service tracktion control came on. It reads that "Traction Control" is off and "Stibilitrack" is off. My "ABS" light and my traction light is on. It also showed my trans temp and it rises quickly as I drive. What's going on? How do I turn the traction control and stabilitrak back on?
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

The only thing I've heard that has caused this is stomping on the brakes and stomping on the gas to smoke the rear tires...we used to call this "line-locking" where I grew up. I've heard it screws up all three of those things. Not sure what the corrective action is unfortunately.
Old November 7th, 2010, 12:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 07 Tahoe that is doing the same thing, also, door locks cycle up and down, gauges wont work and lights and bells going off. Tranny Shifts hard also. Good luck on your issue. Sounds like we may have the same problem.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Heard this sort of thing is being caused by either bad Throttle Body and/or wiring associated with it (broken or becoming broken/loose) inside the harness itself, not at the connection.

My StabiliTrak light came on other day along with Check Engine light. The stabilitrak light can be reset (it's in your owners manual) by turning off engine for 15 seconds, or something bout turnning your steering wheel from 9 to 3 (not sure on that one).

Anyway, mine got reset but also the engine light went out as well but still thinking of keeping my scheduled appt with the dealership to see if they can see the problem or not even with the lights off.
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem with my 07 Silverado LT with the 5.3lt. My Stabiltrak needs service and traction control needs service lights are on as well as the check engine. It also shifts really hard from 1st to 2nd and a little rough into 3rd... I have tried turning off the traction control to see if it stopped but nothing changed. I was under the hood putting a cone air filter on instead of the stock filter to help with milage and performance. so i checked to make sure I didnt accidentally disconnect anything but everything seems to be as it should... not sure how changing the intake would effect the traction control but maybe someone on here could help?? please and thank you