Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado Door Lock Issues...Weird!!

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2012, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2007 Silverado Door Lock Issues...Weird!!

I have a 2007 new body style Silverado crew cab and the door locks only work with the keyless entry. Neither the driver or passenger switches will lock or unlock doors, yet the automatic lock when you put in drive and park works. This was sudden...hs not been acting up at all. First thought was fuse? All are good.. Is there something I am missing or a secret I dont know?
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> CHEVYCRZY007,

This issue may be related to an issue with the door locking button(s). I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 15th, 2013, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

E=Chevrolet Customer Service;230016]<!--[if gte msofirs 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</
w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</
w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false<
/w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> CHEVYCRZY007,

This issue may be related to an issue with the door locking button(s). I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service[/QUOTE]

Thank you Louis for your reply
The buttons were my first thought
I just have a hard time finding both
quitting at same time, but I have seen crazier things than this happen. I will test the resistance in the buttons.
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:24 AM
CF Monarch

Received 354 Likes on 335 Posts

I have seen that If the buttons on the drivers door don't work they can affect the other buttons. That has happened to me. Check or replace the buttons on the drivers door first and see if that helps.