Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado Ext Cab Rear door window

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2015, 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado Ext Cab Rear door window

I am having a problem with my drivers side rear window. When I push the master switch on the drivers door or the switch on the door itself I hear a ratcheting sound from the switch. I have taken the door apart, checked the switch on the other side and the switch works fine. I pulled the motor off the regulator and plugged the motor in on the other side and it worked. Without the motor attached, the regulator slides freely. I noticed that the light on the switch doesn't illuminate when it is plugged in on the drivers side but it does when it is plugged in on the passengers. I read a forum that said there is a Fuze under the hood but the diagram wasn't the same for my truck and I couldn't read which Fuze it was. I am down to a wiring issue or a Fuze being the problem but with out a technical manual I am guessing. Does anyone have cost effective suggestions?