Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 11th, 2015, 1:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Silverado LTZ NAV unit install

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2010, 3:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Silverado LTZ NAV unit install

Hello,
I am trying to figure out what all I would need to install an OEM navigation unit in my truck. It is fully loaded and I would like to have the bluetooth capability and rear view camera. I do not have rear seat entertainment...

Which UNIT model number would everyone recommend based upon my "wants"?
Old October 24th, 2010, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Unit 2007 Silverado

Originally Posted by fishfreak
Hello,
I am trying to figure out what all I would need to install an OEM navigation unit in my truck. It is fully loaded and I would like to have the bluetooth capability and rear view camera. I do not have rear seat entertainment...

I just installed factory nav in my 2007 LTZ and for the most part it all went well. I did read the forum for a few weeks and it did make things go somewhat smooth. I installed a Nav unit from a 2009 Acadia 20792737 but it did not have bluetooth. I did have loud door and turn signal chimes but after I got it programed from the dealer all is good now . The parts I got was Nav Unit, GPS antenna, Nav DVD all from Schram Auto on Ebay. Also I got a VSS wiring kit also from Ebay which will get the voice commands working and get the wire to tap into the vss speed sensor . I did not hook the vss wire to start with and the Nav map would not update for 3 or 4 blocks ...after I got it hooked up it runs smooth and tracks well....As far as the backup camera the VSS wire kit also had the video input in it so when I get around to the camera install it should make it go better ...One other project is I also ordered a Scosche AXIPGMLAN 2007 -Up iPod GM LAN Aux Interface so I can hookup my Ipod and control it from the steering wheel buttons but I can not make the nav unit see it at all , So if anyone has any ideas on it it would be a big help
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Here is a link to a kit thats pretty close to stock..

http://www.brandmotion.com/rear-view....html?limit=32
Old October 25th, 2010, 3:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Hello,

In the OEM application, the NAV unit does not control the bluetooth. That's controlled by your VCIM.

If you have the backup camera already in your rear view mirrior, no OEM setup will work with that.

I believe all 2009 + units will be compaptible with blue tooth if you upgraed your VCIM.
Old October 26th, 2010, 4:58 AM
CF Beginner

20807044 is the part number of the Navigation Unit I was thinking of installing... Will this unit support all of the functions such as backup camera, bluetooth, xm radio (I don't really care about xmtraffic as I am not really going to pay for that)? If it does what are the part numbers for the other components needed for the installation?

Old October 26th, 2010, 6:44 AM
CF Junior Member

20807044 is the part number of the Navigation Unit I was thinking of installing... Will this unit support all of the functions such as backup camera, bluetooth, xm radio (I don't really care about xmtraffic as I am not really going to pay for that)? If it does what are the part numbers for the other components needed for the installation?

The unit will support backup camera, bluetooth and XM, but it is not the control for any of those features. If you don't have bluetooth and XM now, you won't after instal. If you have a backup camera in your mirror, you will not get the backup function to work. If you do not have a camera, you will still need to install one.
Old December 20th, 2010, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Okay... I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab z71 LTZ. It has Bose system w/o rear entertainment (tv screens) but does have radio in the back to where a person can plug up earphones and listen to the radio channel they prefer. It has XM radio but does not have navigation unit...

What I want to do is get ALL of the part numbers for the parts I will need. I want to add an OEM navigation unit, rear backup camera, and bluetooth all at the same time... So I know I need the VCIM, rear camera, Nav unit, bluetooth antenna, nav antenna but I do not know the part numbers to anything...

Which NAVIGATION UNIT (OEM) should I look at getting? Part number? Please include all part numbers that I will need so I can start the install over christmas break. Thanks for your input!
Old December 20th, 2010, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

I do not currently have a backup camera in my rear view mirror also... I want it to come up on the Nav screen... Since I do not have bluetooth now, will upgrading my VCIM allow me to have bluetooth? The wheel controls appear to be setup for bluetooth but the voice command button really just mutes the music... Thanks for your help.
jpk
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

try autopartsway i think they are cheap