Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 siverado duramax 2500 power steering issues

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2016 | 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation 2007 siverado duramax 2500 power steering issues

I recently had all of the power steering lines and pump replaced in the summer by a dealer. The other day I was going to make a left turn and the steering failed. I almost went straight into the median and crashed. I got home and found the steering works turning right, but does not work turning left. Anybody have an idea on a possible cause of that? I use this truck everyday in my Flooring business.
Old January 23rd, 2016 | 7:42 PM
Super Moderator

sounds like a bad steering box.
Old January 23rd, 2016 | 10:43 PM
CF Veteran

x2 did a fair share on dodges for similar symptoms
Old January 25th, 2016 | 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the help and yes I have it in for repair for just that.
Old January 27th, 2016 | 11:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by ricktanner
I recently had all of the power steering lines and pump replaced in the summer by a dealer. The other day I was going to make a left turn and the steering failed. I almost went straight into the median and crashed. I got home and found the steering works turning right, but does not work turning left. Anybody have an idea on a possible cause of that? I use this truck everyday in my Flooring business.
Hi Rick,

Very sorry for the unexpected concerns related to your steering, and can understand how frustrating this may seem. We would be happy to look into this more and get in touch with the dealership on your behalf. Feel free to send a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care