Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2008 Lemon?

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2009, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Lemon?

I have a brand new 2008 WT with 1,800 miles and I am furious. This truck has been in the shop 5 times for misc. issues. Some of the problems I have experienced include seat squeaking, poor door mounting (had to be taken off and remounted since it wouldn't shut completely), and many squeaks and pops. The dealership told me that some of the grease points were dry, a heater exhaust tube was loose and something mounted to the tranny was loose. The biggest problem that has yet to be found after trips to 2 different dealers is a very loud squeaking sound from the front passenger side wheel while hitting bumps or braking at slow speeds. It sounds like someone is jumping on an old box spring mattress. The sound fluctuates as the truck bounces up and down. I have also noticed that it only makes noise when it is colder outside. The noise is VERY loud and I'm sure you can hear it half a block away. The other problem is a snapping, popping sound near the passenger window after stopping abruptly. It happens during the first or second bump I hit after stopping. It sounds like the window noises you get when the inside of your car is warming up in the winter. I have contacted Chevrolet a week ago and I am still waiting for them to call me. They told me that they would contact the dealership. I hope they take care of me. I have also contacted a lemon law lawyer. Help!
Old February 4th, 2009, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

I think you are doing the right thing.
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM
CF Beginner

i feel you pain dude...just got my truck back from the dealer tranny need to repair...only 33k miles....my truck was there for 10 days....next trip back to dealer for any warranty work i'll be right there with you lemon law lawyer
Old February 5th, 2009, 7:53 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rugrat1965
I have a brand new 2008 WT with 1,800 miles and I am furious. I have contacted Chevrolet a week ago and I am still waiting for them to call me. They told me that they would contact the dealership. I hope they take care of me. I have also contacted a lemon law lawyer. Help!
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having, hopefully they can and will be resolved. Keep in mind if it is very cold things do shrink up and can cause a few more squeaks and rattles, I says this as I have noticed that as it has gotten cold even here in Texas that my 07 Tahoe has picked up a squeak or two, but they all seem to go away as soon as it warms up again.

That said, be persistent but polite.

keep detailed notes of who you spoke too, when and what about.

If at all possible try to work with the same people to get issues resolved.

Your attitude and helpfulness can go a long way.

Try to get someone to ride with you and help isolate the noisy or problem spots as it will help the tech identify the problems more quickly. (take the responsibility to help them help you)

If you just leave them the vehicle and tell them it rattles or squeaks here or there they will have to invest the time to try and figure it out and that is not how they make money.

If all fails to resolve the issues escalate to GM and pursue getting a replacement vehicle, be respectful but firm in your resolve.

And good luck, I hope that they are able to resolve your concerns, I have been a faithful GM owner for over 20 years and have been pleased with all the vehicles (5 of them) I have owned.

Last edited by in2pro; February 5th, 2009 at 7:54 AM. Reason: format
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Do you notice the squeaks when the truck has been wet from being in snow or rain ,then when its below freezing out. Thats when mine does it and its in the right front.