Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2008 Mirror Replacement

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2008, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Mirror Replacement

I am about to buy a 08 Silverado VortecMax, it does not come with the turn signal's in mirror feature, i am wondering if it is a possibility to buy the mirrors with the turn signals in them and replace the old mirrors, or would major wiring be required. I am not sure because a buddy of mine got his changed at the dealer before he bought it from regular to camper style with turn signals, and he swears the original mirror did not have the turn signals in them. I just do not see how that would be possible for the dealer to change them in 15 minutes (which he said it took them) if major wiring was required. Any help would be appreciated.
Old April 20th, 2008, 2:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 2008 Mirror Replacement

Welcome to the forum!!! The bigest thing is finding the mirrors outside the dealership. If your buddy got his changed in 15min, then the wiring is probably there already. That is how most of the new chevy's are coming, wired for everything but only certain acc. are installed, like the mirrors.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

yeah, i figured a harness would be there for the feature, but i wish he would have been a little more observant,lol, but oh well it happens.
Thanks for the input.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 1:21 PM
CF Active Member

According to chevy.com, with the 2lt (optional)and ltz(standard) levels you get power, heated, with turn-signal indicators in glass, driver's side auto dimming, power fold away feature, and curb tilt.

However, if you get the trailering mirrors, its an option for the ls 1lt 2lt and ltz.

As for the hook ups, my dad has an 05 SSR and my brother (a master tech) came over to install vette mirrors with turn signals, and he had to run new wires, because, at the time, I dont think it was an option for the SSR. From other posts on this board it seems like alot of theparts already have harnesses in place, its just a hook up, but I'd call the dealer and ask.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all the help, i know its kinda a dumb question but those turn signals just look so cool to me for some reason, plus ive never owned a vehicle with them before so it'd be cool to have.