Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2008 Sierra Navigation Installation

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2008, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Sierra Navigation Installation

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum and I've been reading posts about all sorts of topics. I'm very impressed with the knowledge being passed around here. Hopefully someone can enlighten me. I just purchased a new Navigation system for my 08 Sierra. It is a non Bose system and it appears to be a straight installation with one exception. The system came with a black wire harness with 3 wires in it. The part number is 19202083 REV-1. Since I do not have the instruction sheet on the installation, I do not know where these 3 wires plug in. Their colors are Purple, Gray, and a non insulated stranded wire I'm assuming is ground. If they do plug into the radio, there's nothing on the back side of the radio that designates even the connectors let alone the pin outs.

On one side of the harness the designation tags are as follows: Non insulated Cavity C12, Purple Cavity C11, Gray Cavity C10 and the other side of the harness, the designation tags are as follows:non insulated ConnJ4 Cav 15, Purple, ConnJ4 Cav8, and Gray ConnJ4 Cav15

If anyone could shed a little light about this harness, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Dennis
Old August 24th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Sierra Navigation Installation

If you're worried about plugging it into the wrong spot, don't worry, they wil only go into one of the slots
Old August 25th, 2008, 4:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Sierra Navigation Installation

This harness is a very thin harness with only 3 wires in it. the wires aren't in a molded connector. They have female pin contacts but aren't in a molded connector. The only info I've found on the net about this harness is below.

Denali Models without Rear Seat Entertainment (U42) may require harness 19202083 to allow the vehicles Nav Radio voice prompt commands to function properly.

I do not have a Denali but I don't have Rear Seat Entertainment. Maybe I don't have to worry about it. Also, I've seen mention of a VSS wire which I do not have. My Nav radio only came with the unit itself, antenna, the harness I mention and the DVD. Am I missing something else?

Thanks! Dennis