Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2009 Power Locks issue

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2011, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 Power Locks issue

Just got the wife a new traverse and really like the way the car has lock options. Wondering if there is a way I can personalize mine with out the DIC?
I have also heard that my truck might already have remote start that I could get programed, anyone know about this? Can my dealer just add it with out cutting into my wiring? My truck is a WT reg cab with the power window/lock option. I would like my locks to lock in gear and unlock only the drivers side after the key is off and removed. Thanks for any help in advance. Bill
Old March 20th, 2011, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

I got an idea. Will this work? Cancel the door unlock on the pass door (after shifting into park) by diconnecting the wire if separate, or does it signal the power lock acuator.
Old March 20th, 2011, 9:56 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it will be better to add the DIC to your truck, you don't need to take it to the dealer for programing 'cause is plug and play, and you might be able to find it for like $119.00 but make sure it will work on a WT though
Old March 21st, 2011, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

I dont think I can put the DIC in. I had the left side of my dash apart and I cant see a lead to plug it in. I seen the kits listed on the net and it showed how to do it, and mine doesn't have the plug. Plus with mine being a reg cab wt, it didn't come with the programable lock set up. Maybe if it was an LS or ext cab. Thanks for your input. I think its better this way, I have been driving the wifes traverse and I'm tring to get out before the door can unlock anyway. I just wish my passenger door or both would stay locked until I unlock it. I do like how the doors lock when it goes into gear though.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 8:36 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes now days a lot of trucks come with a lot of options for the locks
lock when in gear
lock with speed
never lock
unlock driver's door when in park
unlock all doors when in park
unlock only with switch
etc. etc. etc. but once you program the thing you never mess with it again and forget you even have that option, but if you don't have it you wish you had it all the time!!!!!!