Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2009 Silverado Door Locks Manual Bypass

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2015, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Silverado Door Locks Manual Bypass

Hi all,

Am new here. I searched around for a how-to on making a manual bypass switch to disable our automatic door locks. Couldn't find anything other than DIC instructions and didn't want to fiddle around with that every time we want to turn the locks off. Also, I'm not sure this truck has the lock configuration option in the DIC...

Our 2009 is a work truck, some days we can end up with the locks cycling hundreds of times (slight exaggeration). I wanted something simple, just a switch that would turn the things OFF. Figured out a way to bypass and switch a couple of fuses in the dashboard fuse panel. Best method I could come up with uses a couple of things called "Fuse Buddy" to make a bypass harness. Seems to be working well. I've got my own blog so I published the how-to over there. I wasn't clear on if the forum rules allow posting of links to things like my article, so here goes. If I'm out of line please remove.

https://www.wildsnow.com/18431/silve...isable-bypass/