Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2010 Silverado accessories plug

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2011, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Silverado accessories plug

I have a new Silverado lt with the lt interior and lt exterior package but it only has one accessory plug and I would like to know if there is suppose to be anymore that I has miss ? Where one of the accessory plugs was there is a usb for the radio.
Also was wondering about my radio the dealer says that it does not have a xm radio and I would like to know if there is a way to program the radio for xm or do I need a new radio ?
Old January 9th, 2011, 4:47 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
I believe the XM radio is a module that is added to the radio, check GM parts direct for the module for your vehicle, but for the price you might want to consider getting one of the aftermarket XM add-on's like the XM Snap
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what year is your truck? I have a '07 silverado LT and it comes with 3 accessory plugs, 2 under the radio and 1 inside the second center console, one thing I noticed is that a cigarette lighter don't work on them, I don't smoke but I just got a rechargeable flash light that only works in a cigarette plug, so I can't use it!!!
on the other hand if you have the shark fin antenna on the roof of your truck then you can get XM, and by the way I have a 6 cd changer with XM for sale, that came out of a '10 gm sierra 2500, but if you don't have the antenna then you have to go after market.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can add almost any factory option you want to the NBS Chevys..if you have the money! Most items are plug and play while others require programming at the dealership. The concensus is that if your vehicle has the radio with the CAT button, you can add XM, you just have to add an ant. The ad above my post as I am typing shows XM Radio Accessories...MyRadioStore.com might be able to help. So far I have added iPod control to my factory radio - not usb, but control of the ipod through the radio, steering wheel with redundant controls for the radio and remote start. Remote start required the remote start ready package from the factory and I had to have the dealer program. New steering wheel was plug and play, as was the ipod controller. I was looking at XM, but with the iPod and MP3 CD's, I don't need to pay for tunes...

Quetranpa, are you in Chapel Hill NC? I am in Rocky Mount....
Old January 23rd, 2011, 9:52 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey "MyNewCrew" yes I'm in chapel hill NC
what year is your truck? and did you get the scosche ipod control? I have seen the installation video on youtube and it is a piece of cake to install, I just don't use my ipod that much but I really want to install it 'cause on top of that it comes with an extra wire for powering another device like an amp but I want to use it for powering my 12 cd changer since I didn't find the pink wire which is accessory power!
And this is the first time I read that someone changes the steering wheel in a truck cool!
Mine came with the remote start, DIC and steering wheel controls but if it didn't I would have changed that already no doubt about it, like I did with that ugly single cd radio that I changed for the navigation system, btw did you install a navigation system in your truck?
Old January 27th, 2011, 9:35 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

moosebateman, If you would like to send me your VIN I can check your vehicle to see if your vehicle has XM capability or not. I also checked on the option build for the 2010 Silverado and I do show that there should be 2 power outlets mounted on your instrument panel. This feature is standard across all trim levels for all model Silverados for the 2010 model year. I hope this helped you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service