Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 1500 lift tire size??

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2011, 12:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The difference is it puts the outside of the tire even farther from the pivot point therefore it travels farther forward and backward when steering, a posative offset brings it closer to the pivot thus making it travel less farther forward and back. Advantages well its more stable and looks good, disadvantages cant go quite as big of tire. There are a few around here with 35s and 37s tucked under and IMO they look dumb as hell. I ordered my rear gears from ebay new for $99 they are just standard gm 8.6 But I cant find the fronts appearently 2010 & 11 are different than the previous 8.25 Ifs dont know what changed. I posted about it but no ones answered?
Old December 30th, 2011, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well im planning on getting the bushwacker pocket style fender flairs. will it sitll look good with the offset that your running (4.5). Would like to see the new pics of the front and back with the big tires.
Old December 30th, 2011, 6:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Oh yeah it will look great with the pocket flares thats what Im getting when my bank account recovers from the lift and rims. Check out Ebay #280577621509 pocket style just like bushwacker for $270 free shipping. I buy everything on there the lift was $900 free shipping but that seller is gone now,but the body lift #270880791211 $374 but make an offer $20 less thats what I paid, and that seller has the suspension too for 999(reg price) but you can make an offer and see. Im dont know if your going chrome wheels or not but my wheels took all the focus off the truck and #150484569640 full mirror and door handles brought the whole truck together perfectly for $60 and Ive got plenty more deals on my wishlist for it... Ill take some pictures 2morro since I just detailed it...
Old December 30th, 2011, 6:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Oh and by the way you deffinately want that Zone body lift, Ive put on a ton of Performance accessory kits in my lifetime and the Zone is SOOOOOO Much better Quality!
Old December 31st, 2011, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Alright thanks man. Im going to white out my whole truck and have black wheels with black tool box. im not a fan of chrome. Thanks for the deals and info. If theres anything else that you can think of that i need to know that would be greatly appreciated
Old December 31st, 2011, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

whats it measure to the bottom of the front bumper. NH has laws i dont mind going a little over but dont want to be a **** ton over
Old December 31st, 2011, 7:07 PM
CF Junior Member

I dont know about NH but here if you alter the bumper height they measure to the frame and the front frame is awfully low on these my frame is something like 26 27 technically that plastic half doesnt count as bumper. The rear is a different story, the back frame is way too high hince why I didnt raise the bumper and its at 29 and the law is 30 front and 31 rear...
Old January 1st, 2012, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

oh no **** the laws are the same for us
Old January 11th, 2012, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Question for biggg11chevy. I like what you have talked about with your truck.
I am planning on a lift for my truck and you have answered some very important question for all of us. I have two more question. First, did you stay with the rear shocks that came with the RCX kit? And do you know the
part numbers for the spring pack that you bought from Topgunz. I have a
2011 Silverado and I really like the looks of if lifted. I was looking at the CST
lift kit, which is and 8" lift but was way more money. Something like $2300.00.
So they is no way 37" will work unless I put a body lift on too. I really don't want to do that. I was planning on changing the gears too and going with 4.11 gears. I thought I found some gears at Randy's Ring & pinion. I don't know if you looked there or not. Thanks again for you info.
Old January 12th, 2012, 5:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Yes I kept the RCX shocks they are actually pretty nice, better than most kits come with. 8" 01-09 Chevy/GMC 2500HD Atlas Rear Leaf Springs (Set) @Top Gun Customz they dont give a part# for the springs but heres the address. I seriously doubt there is any way to fit 37s without the body lift though even with a posative offset... I might try calling randys about the front gears they arent on the web site. Oh by the way I recommend the optional kicker braces with the rcx kit, I just ordered them becuase my front end started creaking a little when I hit the brakes, just stiffins things up better and they are only 50 bucks....

Quick Reply: 2011 1500 lift tire size??