Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 Silverado Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2012, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Silverado Keyless entry

I just bought a used 2011 Silverado extended cab. It did not come with keyless entry or a key fob to lock and unlock the doors. I contacted the dealership today and they wouldn't even look at it. It's got power windows and locks so they said it already had the computer for it. I just want to know if I can purchase one seperate online and program it myself or what the best way to go about getting keyless entry would be. I called a place locally today and they said they'd do it for $179. Just seemed like a lot to me. I need help and opinions. Thanks.
Old May 14th, 2012, 9:57 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah you can buy and program
Google keyfob your truck looking for FCC I'd
They eBay for cheapest one
Hold down unlock Key on off on off on off door will cycle locks push unlock on fob turn key on and off done
Repeat for more fobs
This was for 99 not sure if its the same for you should be
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this frustration, thediscinmusician! Would you consider contacting a different Chevrolet dealership for opinions? The community will likely chime in soon with helpful feedback, and please don't hesitate to send a private message with your name and VIN if you'd like us to follow-up with concerns on your behalf.

Best,

Katie (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The body control module has to be programmed with AUO keyless entry option first. This can only be done by dealership . Then you can add keyless entry .