Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2013 disappointment

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2015, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2013 disappointment

I have been a faithful owner of chevy trucks for over 25 years and I have a 2013 Silverado that has been a disappointment and well as GM has let me down.

The lower hinge on both front doors are in bad shape, the roller has frozen and since I am out of miles for the 36,000 mile warranty, GM will do nothing for me. I bought the truck in Oct of 2013 and the problem started in a little over a year. I have tried to lube them over and over, but to no avail. I had it into the dealership to replace both rear wheel cylinders, since they were leaking, on a truck that is less than 2 years old. I also asked them about the door hinges and was told that neither GM nor the company I bought the extended warranty through will do anything for me. I noticed that on the 2014 models they have changed the hinges, since they knew that they were crap, as my father had the same problem on his 2008. my truck is less than 2years old and when I open the door it sounds like its 20 years old and embarrassing as hell.

The dealer quoted me over $500 to fix the hinges on a $37,000 truck that is less than 2 years old. thinking maybe dodge will get my money next time.

I called the GM customer service hotline, that was a joke, i was routed to a call center where I was told that I would receive a call from the same dealership that I took it into within 48 hours. The same people that told me it wasn't covered, really????? Looks like I will get no further ahead than I already am.
Old September 15th, 2015, 7:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by disappointed owner
I have been a faithful owner of chevy trucks for over 25 years and I have a 2013 Silverado that has been a disappointment and well as GM has let me down.

The lower hinge on both front doors are in bad shape, the roller has frozen and since I am out of miles for the 36,000 mile warranty, GM will do nothing for me. I bought the truck in Oct of 2013 and the problem started in a little over a year. I have tried to lube them over and over, but to no avail. I had it into the dealership to replace both rear wheel cylinders, since they were leaking, on a truck that is less than 2 years old. I also asked them about the door hinges and was told that neither GM nor the company I bought the extended warranty through will do anything for me. I noticed that on the 2014 models they have changed the hinges, since they knew that they were crap, as my father had the same problem on his 2008. my truck is less than 2years old and when I open the door it sounds like its 20 years old and embarrassing as hell.

The dealer quoted me over $500 to fix the hinges on a $37,000 truck that is less than 2 years old. thinking maybe dodge will get my money next time.

I called the GM customer service hotline, that was a joke, i was routed to a call center where I was told that I would receive a call from the same dealership that I took it into within 48 hours. The same people that told me it wasn't covered, really????? Looks like I will get no further ahead than I already am.

Hello,

First we'd like to thank you for your loyalty to Chevrolet throughout the years. We do apologize for this negative experience and for the undesirable outcome at the dealership. I assure that we sincerely appreciate you as a customer and don't want this to be your lasting impression of our brand. Since you mentioned speaking with our customer care team, feel free to send us a private message with the given case number. We'd like to discuss this further and review your service request in greater detail.

Kindly,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 16th, 2015, 8:45 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Have you tried penetrating oil? The passenger front door roller seized up on my 08 Burb about a year ago. Regular oil and greases did nothing. Like you said, sounded like crap, and was flat-out embarrassing.

I forget if someone told me, or I read it on a forum, but I hit it with a shot of PB Blaster and let it sit for an hour. Came back and it was now rolling again. It seized again in a few days, and I probably hit it two more times over the next week. It's been flawless ever since; no more issues.