Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2013 LTZ Silverado rear end clunk

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2015, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2013 LTZ Silverado rear end clunk

I have had 3 other Chevy pickups, none of them had this issue. the rear end has a hesitation and clunk when you accelerate after letting off the gas. I have taken it back and they repacked the rear yoke. No difference. My concern is that when I tow my camper it's going to let go and leave me stranded.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 3:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bustersdaddy
I have had 3 other Chevy pickups, none of them had this issue. the rear end has a hesitation and clunk when you accelerate after letting off the gas. I have taken it back and they repacked the rear yoke. No difference. My concern is that when I tow my camper it's going to let go and leave me stranded.
bustersdaddy,

I'm sorry to hear about your rear end clunk. If you'd like to consider getting a follow up official GM diagnosis, please message me privately as I can reach out to your dealer's Customer Experience Managers (CEM) for additional assistance. If you'd like to contact us privately, we'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 3rd, 2015, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

I would appreciate any assistance on this matter.
Old April 1st, 2017, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default I have this same clunk at speeds under 10 mph , now it's gotten worse up to 30 .

My Silverado clunk has gotten worse , this so called normal slop in driveline makes me feel like nails on chalkboard, I hate driving now . Feels like it's breaking . I had at dealer 5 times , nothing worse than hearing it's normal or I don't hear anything !! The trans went out also and gear was broken, I will be out of warranty in about 6 months and I know this banging in had taken a toll on transmission. When the worked on trans they also broke my exhaust studs and I called Gm but nobody is stepping up to handle this . I have pictures and dealer says nothing wrong , bull**** . I have never driven anything but Gm for 30 years , I worked for dealerships for 10 years , Gm had great products now , better than ever but the customer service is pushing me towards no more GM , when something doesn't work right or they break something why is it 6 months later and I'm still dealing with this ????