Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2013 silverado

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2013, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2013 silverado

hello yall.... new to this forum. stopped by welcome page to say "hi". but am in need of some info. sorry if this is in the wrong section. anyways. ..im having a little issue with my new truck. ive owned it since july. I like the truck but rite from the beginning. ..ive had some issues. first was dash rattle. then entire steering column had to b replaced. then at 7-8k.... did oil change (2nd oil change)n noticed oil leak from corner of driver side head. from back corner of head towards firewall on the low side of the head where it meets the block. looks like leaking from bwtween head n block...but only in that corner. oil was dripping down side of block. took to dealer...looked at it with a tech. he said will clean off and rechk at next oil change. did oil change couple days ago. looked at spot where oil was leaking. ..entire spot was moist..not quite dripping down block yet. this is a potential future problem. and I state that as a fact. cuz im a honda technician for same dealer owner. our building consist of gm and honda. we're all in one building. so speaking as a tech...I kno what it will turn into. as time goes by.
owned a honda ridgeline before this....not a problem untill I totalled it. chkd fords...Toyota's. ..decided on this Silverado. starting to wonder if I made a mistake. have always been a honda or toyota guy. this is the first gm ive owned. anyone have this issue or oil leak issues? I bought this truck new with 20 miles on it.