Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Silverado 1500 dashboard noise and vibration when either A/C or heat is on

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2015, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado 1500 dashboard noise and vibration when either A/C or heat is on

I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 with about 26,000 miles on it. Just last week after I took it in for the cabin air filter to be changed (which is probably unrelated), my a/c and heat both make a noise somewhat like a prop airplane after i turn it past half. It's intolerable. I can't talk on bluetooth, can't listen to music at a comfortable level, and is just very frustrating.

This video shows my exact problem, except it's not cold where I'm at. I took it in to the dealership and they said other vehicles that are the same model and year make the same noise... Mine didn't make this noise until last week.

Is there anything I can take them to get them to look at the blower motor? It's driving me insane as it's still pretty hot where I'm at and I have a pretty long commute during the day...

Last edited by del1007; October 14th, 2015 at 1:02 PM.