Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Silverado radio is horrible

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2014, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado radio is horrible

Had reception problems from day one. Dealer agrees it's unacceptable. GM says radio works as designed. Worst customer service ever. I will be sharing my experience on Facebook and Twitter.
Old May 8th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi jdmalone19,

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. If you would like to provide us with your VIN through a private message, we would be happy to research your case and document your concerns.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 11th, 2014, 8:44 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi jdmalone19,

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. If you would like to provide us with your VIN through a private message, we would be happy to research your case and document your concerns.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
and do nothing to resolve the issue.............................
Old May 12th, 2014, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Pugly
and do nothing to resolve the issue.............................
You are absolutely correct. They're response in the private message was, sorry but the radio works as designed. They even acknowledge other people are having the same issue. So the radio was designed to not work? GM will not stand by their product. Beware of the new vehicles with the My Link radio system. I would consider a different make of vehicle.
Old May 12th, 2014, 11:12 AM
CF Beginner

Hate to hear this as I was considering a new 2014 Silverado. Couple things though for sure.
I will check my radio before I purchase the truck if the radio is that big of a factor then I may go a different direction. It seems that this is what test drives are for.
Dealers will almost always agree with what the customer says, nothing they can do about it but blame it on someody higher up.
And sounds to me like it may be slightly subjective. I test drove one on the lot and the radio sounded fine. Maybe your definition of radio being "horrible" and another persons definition of radio being "horrible" could be different.

Last edited by HouseofCards; May 12th, 2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old May 12th, 2014, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by HouseofCards
Hate to hear this as I was considering a new 2014 Silverado. Couple things though for sure.
I will check my radio before I purchase the truck if the radio is that big of a factor then I may go a different direction. It seems that this is what test drives are for.
Dealers will almost always agree with what the customer says, nothing they can do about it but blame it on someody higher up.
And sounds to me like it may be slightly subjective. I test drove one on the lot and the radio sounded fine. Maybe your definition of radio being "horrible" and another persons definition of radio being "horrible" could be different.
It did ok during test drive, but was on local station. My definition of horrible is, I pick up one station clear and that's the local station. About 70% of the time just about all the stations are full of distortion, which in my book is horrible. All of the trucks aren't having this issue, but several are. The 2003 I traded in picked up all stations all the time.
Old May 12th, 2014, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Mine seems to work OK but it is with a limited sample. I've only driven about 2,000 miles with it so far.
Old May 12th, 2014, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

How about the FM vs AM?
Also, where are you located in USA, what State?
Old May 13th, 2014, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Haven't checked AM, since I never listen to it. I live 60 miles from Nashville TN. My old truck picked up every station in Nashville out to around 100 miles away, but new truck is hit or miss at 50 to 60 mile range. If you live in a bigger city and listen to local stations, you may be fine.
Old May 13th, 2014, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Central lower Michigan and I don't use AM either. The FM stations I listen to are all within 50 miles or so. Detroit stations, maybe 100 miles away, are a bit iffy for me.

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado radio is horrible